Small urn
A friend asked me to make an urn for her dog. Had some cherry that might work well but it had a bit of sapwood that would be difficult to work around. It occurred to me that it might be nice to use the sapwood as a design element. Here's how it came out. Please excuse the hasty photos. I have to deliver it tomorrow morning at church and don't have time for better pictures.

I especially liked how I was able to match up the sapwood around all 4 corners.

Thanks for looking.

Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski

Well done.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Very nice job. No doubt it will be appreciated.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
I get bored with straight clean Cherry. Sap and pitch pockets make it more interesting. I like what you have here, good work.

Embrace the imperfections.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Very nice matching of the sap wood. Nice job all around.

It looks like it was a big dog
Jim
Halfathumb said:

It looks like it was a big dog

Yeah. He was a Rottweiler/Labrador mix. Big but very friendly.

Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski
Cliff

I think you did a very nice job and anyone would like to have it.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Very Nice
As Always,
Gecko
http://www.geckosboxes.com