Incra I-Box box making jig?
I'm thinking about buying this jig to help with some Christmas presents. I'm wondering about ease of use and how flat are the bottoms of the joints when used with a dado set. I'd be interested to know what users of the I-Box have to say about it.
There was thread on this about 9 months ago. I don't have one but it seems to be well regarded.

Thread

Go to Hartville Tool and use code WN15 and you can pick it up for $135 shipped.

Hartville
I do not know if you would rather make one but "Handi" had one that he made and written about in a Magazine if you want to contact him.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I have one, and although I don't use it often, following the step by step instructions easily produces great results.

The bottoms of the joints are not dependent on the jig, but your blades. Whatever your dadoes look like, that's what you will get.

You can use it on a router table, but I opted for a box joint blade set for my table saw with no regrets.
See ya later,
Bill
I owned one and sold it only because I have a few ways of making them and it was in demand. It is awesome. The bottoms are as flat as your stack. It will also work with router bits. Google it and watch the videos. Alan invented it and he does great work. Its a simple almost fool proof solution for sale.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Our very own "Alan in little Washington" was this jig's designer.
Thank you everyone for the info. Everything I've read about the I-Box has been very positive. It's good to know it can be purchased at Hartville Tools for such a discount. It's also cool to know one of our Woodnetters designed it.
Well, gee, asleep at the switch! Thanks to Cian for waking me up.

Yup, I came up with the original concept, and was closely involved in the design of the retail version. I think Chris Taylor and the guys at INCRA (with a little help from me ) did a great job on the retail version! While there have been a few folks who somehow couldn't make it work like they wished (just like with any complex tool), I think you will find an overwhelming number of owners think it is the best box joint jig ever. Every major WW magazine gave it great reviews. User reviews on Amazon and other sites have been great as well. I have read ALL of the Amazon reviews AND comments on those reviews. If you do the same you will see that many (most?) of the 1, 2, and 3 star Amazon reviews are unfounded or just a result of user error. That is my opinion and apparently the opinion of the majority of those who commented on the bad reviews (some really hammered the reviewers )

Once you learn how to set and use it properly (not how you "think" it should be set and used! ) it is a simple and easy task to make perfect joints. In addition to being able to make "standard" box joints on both a tablesaw AND a router table (unlike many commercial and DIY box joint jigs), it can be used to make a number of non-traditional, decorative joints as well.

When using it with a standard, stacked dado and "kiss" calibrated (a simple contact calibration process) and set the finger size using a direct transfer of dado width (no measuring device needed!), it is a simple task to re-set it for any width dado/fingers within the range of the jig- from delicate 1/8" wide fingers to fingers slightly wider than 3/4" (the max range of most stacked dado sets). The size of a router bit changes differently than a stacked dado- the bit radius increases or decreases (from center of rotation) while the width of a dado set increases or decreases in only one direction from a fixed point, the arbor flange. Therefore, when you use the I-BOX on a router table you must do a simple "kiss" re-calibration each time you use a different size router bit.

Another benefit- though I don't participate here as much as I used to, I usually read this and a few other forums daily and am always happy to help with problems. INCRA is known for its outstanding customer service and they are happy to assist as well.

Please note: I don't work for INCRA, but do receive a small royalty for units sold.

What is that little red thing next to the I-BOX box below? Well, it is a Lock Miter Master, a simple, but clever jig that makes setting up a lock miter router bit an easy task instead of a royal pain.
My wife is semi proficient using the large machinery I own. She knows the safety end very well. I was away, she needed a small box for a project, and after watching the video, she set up my I box, made the box, and it was snap fit tight.

Not sure if it was addressed but flat from the machine is what it is, but that is largely the blade, and it's tooth angle that will really decide that. If using a dado, or router bit if it cuts a flat bottom, you are good. If you are making 1/4" or 3//8" fingers I think this is the best blade for those sizes

I too know a lot of ways to cut finger joints, but if they are within the specs of this jig I know of no safer, easier, or accurate one. Cheap at two times the price
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Steve N said:

I too know a lot of ways to cut finger joints, but if they are within the specs of this jig I know of no safer, easier, or accurate one. Cheap at two times the price

Well, I'll show the easiest, cheapest and most accurate I know. Sixth graders could use it.

http://www.routerworkshop.com/boxjoints.html
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.