Tommy Mac - 2015??
Does anyone know when/if Tommy Mac will start his 2015 season? I see that Roy will start in mid Sept. ... Thanks, Tom
I always thought it was octoberish they start. But, despite WGBH being my local PBS Station, who also produces the show, it starts later here than elsewhere because WGBH broadcasts fund raising drives at the time other stations are showing it. Hence, I get it later from the producing PBS station than everyone else.

I am quite certain it will return though, only because during a veneering workshop I took at the North Bennett Street School two months ago I overheard staff saying Dan Faia was taping an episode about then.

(Does that qualify as a stealth gloat? )

Mike
I really have to laugh about Tommy. He has a habit of using the work "wicked" to describe something he thinks is cool---like it's a wicked good project. Do you think terms like that get recycled. I went to junior and senior high in the Boston area and we were using "wicked" the exact same way-------50 years ago!!!! :big eek:
Dave
Roy started his 34th season this week here. He's wearing a black vest this year.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
daveferg said:

I really have to laugh about Tommy. He has a habit of using the work "wicked" to describe something he thinks is cool---like it's a wicked good project. Do you think terms like that get recycled. I went to junior and senior high in the Boston area and we were using "wicked" the exact same way-------50 years ago!!!! :big eek:

It's not that wicked is being recycled around here: it has been in continuous use in the fifty years since you were in junior high. He is a really, really local guy, though.
And lets face it, Tommy is Wicked Pissa!...
"All that I do or say is all that I ever will be"

Billy Joe Shaver, Old Five and Dimers Like Me
A-yah!
Dave
I want to go to the North Bennett Street School to learn, however, I do not want to go there for more then 2 weeks.

I also wonder if they will let people sit while doing the wood working?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin Eastman said:

I want to go to the North Bennett Street School to learn, however, I do not want to go there for more then 2 weeks.

Arlin

NBSS has three day (Fri to Sun), 5 days (Mon to Fri) and ten day (spans two weeks) classes. Look at the "continuing education and workshops" section of their web site.

Some peop,e have done a weekend three day followed immediately by a week or two week class so they get two classes in one trip.

I doubt they'd let you just watch people, though.

Mike
Thanks Mike.

I wonder how much it costs?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.