Is Doug Thompson still in business?
Want to order some tools and had some questions. I sent several emails since June 27 and haven't received any responses.
VH07V  
I sure hope so. Just saw him at the symposium. He is a one man shop and life sometimes gets in the way, sometimes things get lost in email. You could try his phone.

Doug (different Doug)
I sure hope so too. I so want to get some of his tools for me and the others. I am putting $5 a month aside to get them and hope to get one middle of next year.

I do know that Lyle Jamieson gets his special bowl gouge from Doug and he has not mentioned it.

I also know Rudy Lopez gets his tools and a negative rake scrapper made just for him that he sells also.

I do not understand a 3 month wait though but then again maybe he gets thousands of emails. Are you still waiting for a tool from him when he helped the guy?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
No idea why you haven't received a reply in months. I do think his web site crashed for about a week and then there was some turning
symposium.
Looks like his last facebook post was about 16 hour ago.
Here is what he said on the 29th..
"Finally the web site is open... click on the price list to order. For some reason the main page is still not showing well at all. www.thompsonlathetools.com"
Doug is still in business. Give him a call. As said his website was down. He also found out he had cancer this summer Treatment was successful so he's back in full swing
I couldn't find a number to call him or I would have. I needed to get some gouges, so I ended up ordering them from Craft Supply.

I really liked the Thompson tools, but I can't afford to wait months to get a reply.
VH07V  
Understandable. His number for future reference. 440-241-6360
EightFingers said:

I couldn't find a number to call him or I would have. I needed to get some gouges, so I ended up ordering them from Craft Supply.

I really liked the Thompson tools, but I can't afford to wait months to get a reply.

Doug may have been out of what you wanted anyway. He noted that the web-site going down as not all bad as he was really low on tools.

Personally I would have looked at D-Way tools. I think Dave's tools have a better finish and shape then Doug's.
Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that's more accident then design.
Sorry you haven't received a reply. As others have noted, he should be back in action now. Just wanted to plug for Doug, in case you haven't purchased from him before. He is a great guy who cares about customer service. He has spent a long time on the phone with me before to customize a gouge for me. Treated me like I was spending $500 when it was just a $50 order.

IMO his tools are the best for the money too. I noticed Jimmy Clewes uses him some now too, which says something about the quality of Doug's tools since Jimmy Clewes has his own line of tools (or at least used to).
I'm slow, but I do poor work.
The two best out there are Doug's and Dave's at D Way. Different metals, but they wear and cut almost identically. Both are great people to deal with, and nice guys as well.

robo hippy