Back In The Saddle
My lathe has been packed up since April. We still aren't in the new house and we decided we didn't have the budget to build my shop this year. I've spent the last couple weekends cleaning out an area of my dad's barn that he wants to turn into a woodshop. It still has a ways to go but the lathe is set up and I've got a sharpening station. I need to figure out where the drill press is gonna go. I pulled a bowl blank out of the pile and started turning on it this afternoon. What skills I had have suffered. I may turn it into a Christmas gift, not sure yet.
Glad you got back to it, the skills will return, just practice and post picks.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
At least you're turning again. The skills will come back.
Rodney
The skills will come back for sure. I haven't stopped turning but most of the summer months I turned mostly bowls. A couple weeks ago I started turning ornaments, finials, etc. etc. Took me a fair few attempts to get my "finial eye" back. It's not just the muscle memory that has to be cultured.
Steve K

I am taking turning lesson now.
My Instructor wants me to not touch the lathe, read articles about turning or watch videos about turning for 6 months and then he wants me to quit!