Old Model Performax 16-32 Drum Sander
Hello, All..

Need help. I have one of the old model 16-32 drum sanders. The on/off switch broke on it the other day, and I can't turn it on. I have looked at the switches that Jet has, but they seem to have changed the style and location of the switch. On mine, the on/off switch is located on top of the control box, just above the conveyor belt speed control knob. The newer model Jet's have it mounted on the front of the box. Do any of you have the old model sander, and if so, have you had to replace the switch? Photos of the switch off of mine are attached. If anyone has any suggestions on where I might find one like this, or how I might be able to replace it, please let me know. Thanks for any help.

Definition of coplaner: It's the guy on the outfeed side of a planer handing the stock back to the guy on the infeed side.
Jim, I don't have a direct answer for you, but check this video out. It may be of help:

Smartsand upgrade for Performax 16/32
Thanks for the reply, Hank. But I got it fixed. And I'd like to take this opportunity to let the woodworking world know that I am a complete and total person. After pouring over image after image of photos on Google, it struck me. Here is a pic of the piece that I thought broke off of my switch.

I looked at the "broken" switch.

And figured out (all on my own, I might add), that if I put this:

Back where it belonged:

It might just work. What do ya know? It did. That is the first time in nearly 20 years that the safety lock has been out of the machine. Don't know what made it pop out this time, but it did.
Definition of coplaner: It's the guy on the outfeed side of a planer handing the stock back to the guy on the infeed side.
Glad it was an easy fix...with grandkids in & out of the shop, I'm removing safety locks most of the time now.

In case the switch does die down the road, Grizzly offers several. I keep a few on hand now for just in case...

Grizzly Industrial Switch Link

http://cdn0.grizzly.com/pics/jpeg500/d/d...9c77eb.jpg
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
Thanks, Dave. I never thought of Grizzly. Looks like they've got a couple that would work.
Happy to help...now I just have to figure out how to post pictures on this site.

Easiest way for me is by using http://www.photobucket.com
jsears said:

Easiest way for me is by using http://www.photobucket.com

Thanks...kinda' wondered if that might be the method...many sites seem to utilize 'off-site' hosting for pictures.

Personally I choose not use those services so I guess I won't post many pics here.

Didn't intend to hi-jack your thread, but do appreciate the info...Dave