Airfilteration cloth filter
Any suggestions on cleaning the cloth filters
in the air systems. Can't seem to get it with
air compressor..it doesn't turn inside out.
Help, Sandra
Sandra,

I'm not sure I understand your question. It sounds like maybe you have a felt bag. Is this true? If you really think you need to clean it, just hit it with a flat stick to knock off the cake on the inside. Be careful not to damage the bag.

You posted recently asking about D/C systems. Is this new? For most of the D/C systems I can think of, you would not want to clean the filter unless and until the air flow really slowed down. Some accumulation on the inside is useful because it catches finer particles, which is a good thing.
If I missed your point, please provide more details about what you are trying to clean.

Doug
I replace the outside disposable filter, but wasn't sure
how or what to do with the one inside. Thought it may
have to be cleaned as well. No way to get inside because
it stitched and can't turn it inside out. But what you say,
it may not be the problem I think it is. I guess the disposable
filter does catch most of the dust. Wondering why it has one inside.
I feel better with your comment/suggestion. Thanks, Sandra
Sandra,

OK. That's good. What kind of D/C device do you have?

Doug
It's kind of funny, I searched your air cleaner to see how it was made. The Jet website says that filter "is easily removed for cleaning". Then I looked at the manual, which doesn't say a word about cleaning it (or much else, for that matter). Then I though, why not just buy a new one? So I searched the part number and found out why one wouldn't want to buy a new one...at least not very often, $50! So anyway, it's true enough the dust cake forms part of the filtration system on these filters, but it can often build up too much. I'd try to vac it out if it's too caked, I used to do this on my DC bags (those I could turn inside out) despite being advised not to do so. Thing is about DCs, the dust cakes builds to a level and then the remaining dust is supposed to just fall into the collection bag. But with an ambient air cleaner, there is no collection bag...it all stays on the filter. So I have to think it needs an occasional cleaning; sure looks like they would have put that in the manual, though.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
so this is an air cleaner and not a DC?
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I think so, she referenced the Jet cleaner in the other post...I'm guessing it's the same machine.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Been without internet a few days. My system came from
Woodcraft, model AFS- 1000B, online it shows the chambers. If it is necessary to be completely clean they
wouldn't have it sewed the way it is. I like the suggestion
to just knock as much out and put it back. The outside filter
gets most of the dust anyway. I always come to this site first for questions. Thanks for a great bunch of folks.
Sandra
Sandra,

Now I see what you have. I answered for another system. The manual for this unit is available online as a pdf click here

According to the manual you can remove the inner filter. I still think that some build-up improves filtration effectiveness, and that you should clean filters only when the rate of air flow is not sufficient. The Delta model I had was similar and I did not need to clean the inner bag after years of frequent use.

I hope this helps.

Doug
Sandra.. find the right merv rated filter material . build a frame with which to hold it within your jet air filter .
Filters for life.
options up to 10 merv in roll

search amazon for 13 merv with dimensions you need . You might get lucky. I don't know how the higher mervs will effect airflow. The deep pockets of the oem one probably increases air flow. I don't know the micron or merv rating for the oem inner . I would be curious to find out
Just throwing ideas out there for you to consider.

looked into it. The inner is 1 micron .
Interesting `

purolator on amazon

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.