Laguna 14SUV Bandsaw Resaw Fence
What would you recommend for a Laguna 14SUV Bandsaw Resaw Fence? I don't want the Drift Master fence.
I have an LT18, older Italian version, and I see no need for a resaw fence. Not to sound like a broken record but my bandsaw resaws within very tight tolerance with the stock fence. If you need more height, make an auxiliary fence to attach to your stock fence. Otherwise, proper bandsaw tuning is your friend. I had a chinese version, open stand, 14" Delta prior to this BS and it resawed nice and straight too. Not as effortlessly as my current Laguna, but it resawed with the fence parallel to the blade with very acceptable results. I'm not a bandsaw expert by any means so I'm confident it's not too hard to achieve if you have good tires, at least an MVP Olsen blade, and your guides set where they should be. I'm sure others can offer further advise much better then mine. Nonetheless, keep your money in your pocket until you know for sure it's "needed".

The need for a resaw fence develops from blade wear, rarely from the machine itself. Most of the major brands are well made enough to ensure that the blade travels nice and straight.

The problem comes when one side of the cutting edge wears differently than the other side. To me, this has usually been the major cause of blade drift. If you use any blade long enough this will occur. Once that happens, a single point fence becomes your best friend. Attempting to align the bandsaw fence to compensate for the blade drift will have you chasing your tail.
What I am really looking for is a tall fence
dog2bert said:

What I am really looking for is a tall fence

That's easy. Just attach a tall wooden fence to your stock fence. That's what I do and it works perfectly. Costs nothing. Ken
I'm curious what your fence looks like. The one I got with my LT16 was a horrible pot metal thing. The guy apologized for the quality of the miter gauge, but the fence is worse