Companion Bath Cabinet and Frame - Build Along - Part 3
Here's a link to Part 2

After I removed all those lovely clamps I sanded the case and then added stretchers across the top and bottom with pocket screws.

In the bottom ones I first added T-nuts into which I'll put leveling screws during installation, if necessary.

Next I started making the moldings that will dress it up. This is a shot of the larger base molding on its final pass into my Foley-Belsaw planer/molder. I was going to sell it when I bought my "new" Mini Max J/P but then realized it would be good to keep it for just this kind of work. Glad I did.

And here it is glued and pin nailed together, but not attached to the case.

The lower molding is just a chamfered, rectangular piece with a rabbet to fit under the upper molding.

I changed the knife in the molder to a door stop profile and milled the sections that will fit in the recessed openings in the sides and around the perimeter of the drawer fronts. Here are the molded pieces before ripping them to final width.

Thanks for following along.

John
I'm enjoying the build along. I use many of the same techniques but always looking for ways to improve them. I'm certain ww with less experience can learn a lot from your posts.
Thanks
Jim
Thanks for taking the time to share this.

I appreciate your efforts (and the great woodworking!)

-Brian
John, I learn a lot from each of your build-along posts. Thanks for all the effort involved in making them. T'ain't easy to do it as well as you do.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard