LN Chicago Show is moving
The annual Chicago Lie Nielsen show at Jeff Miller's apparently is no more. I received an e-mail this morning from LN that their tool event will be held at the Chicago School of Woodworking, 5680 N Northwest Highway on March 18 & 19.

the 5680 NWH address is only a mile from my home. I had no idea they were located there. Just for giggles & grins I went there this afternoon. They really have a nice setup. There was a class going on so after a few words with the instructor, I just snooped around.

It covers a large ares with several very large rooms. Their tool room has sawstop (2) Felder table saws (2), Felder planers (2) Yates planers Hammer jointers and on and on. They have a LOT of $$$ in power tools.

In another room are probably a dozen workbenches with a nice supply of handtools.

Still a third room has a dozen lathes.

All in all, a very nice setup with quite impressive tools. Can't wait for the LN event so I can rubberneck some more.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
I took a class many years ago from the founders of the Chicago School of Woodworking. They're great people. On the other hand, I always looked forward each spring to seeing Jeff Miller and his beautiful furniture. He's a real treasure.
Jeff Miller is listed as one of the Guest Demonstrators for the event.
Mike B.

One thing is for certain though. Whichever method you use, you can be absolutely certain that you are most assuredly doing it wrong.        Axehandle, 2/24/2016
Do not get in to much of a hurry buddy...  Arlin, 5/18/2022
Apology excepted.  TT. 2/25/20223
Joe, if you or anyone else is interested, our club has arranged a tour of the school on the Saturday of the LN event, at 11am. You are welcome to join and then we will probably grab something to eat afterward. I generally go back after lunch just to see who is around.

As much as I like Jeff and his shop, the change of venue should help attendance, which has dwindled recently. I'm wondering why there are so few presenters at Chicago? More makers would certain spur interest.
For what it's worth... I'm showing. Looking forward to the event and a visit to my home town.
Mike, thanks for the kind offer. If I am in Chicago on Saturday, I will meet you there.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
I have been meaning to check this place out. Just so happens I also have a friend taking classes there at the moment. My curiosity has piqued, and I'm looking forward to this one.