western red cedar source
Looking to source a large amount of western red cedar - 8' lengths of 2x4s & 2x6 plus a whole lotta 1x6 to build a 310' fence.

any recommendations? I don't mind paying to have it shipped.
Try contacting Oregon Lumber. 1-800-824-5671 I have dealt with them sourcing Western Red Cedar and I've also used their really great flooring materials. If they don't have what you're after, they'll direct you. I realize this is across the country, but I hope it helps.
The finest Western red cedar I have ever seen was from Requarth Lumber I don't have a clue about their ability to ship, but their prices were just a small amount higher than the big box crap, and the wood was perfect. All you could do is call and ask. 12x12x28' down to little sticks, and everybody in between.

(937) 224-1141 It's been a few years since I was buying much, but the guy to talk with was Alan Pippenger.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
thanks guys!
Saw this on Craig's List, may be worth a call.

Ken

syracuse >
for sale >
materials - by owner

x prohibited[?]
Posted: 19 days ago

◀ prev ▲ next ▶
print
Western Red Cedar (Sandy Creek,NY)

image 1

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

•safety tips
•prohibited items
•product recalls
•avoiding scams

Western Red Cedar 5/4 x 6, Select Grade. Use for your deck,patio or dock. $1.50 per lineal foot. We can also make cedar panels for your dock in your specific size. If interested call Bob.

•do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 5491623464

posted: 2016-03-14 11:38pm

updated: 2016-04-01 8:29pm

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

Avoid scams, deal locally Beware wiring (e.g. Western Union), cashier checks, money orders, shipping.
thanks! Actually that might be helpful for a new boat dock I'm about to build for my parents in Syracuse, that's a good deal.. 5/4 material is too thick for my fence though and not enough of it
Mound,

Maybe you could put some feelers out to see if anyone else close to you is looking for western red cedar. If you end up getting it shipped, the more bulk the better the deal. For everyone, and shipping gets split between many.
~ Chris
not a bad idea!