Porter Cable Omni Jig 7216
I have the opportunity to purchase a Porter Cable Omni Jig Model 7216 that has never been taken out of the packing box. The seller is asking $210. That seems like a very good price to me, but I can not determine what this jig originally sold for, because it is not the current model. I would appreciate any opinions about the jig performance and the price.
I wouldnt hesitate buying that for $210 NIB. That earlier model was built like a tank. Im guessing they were in the $250-$300 range originally a decade or so ago, but with inflation and all, the equivalent today would be much more. Thats a really good price imo.
I can tell you one thing about that model is that it weighs a ton.
Back in the day, around $400 discounted, retail maybe $500 or more; here's a very old link showing it for sale at Amazon for $399:

http://www.buybesttools.com/tools4/B0001X21YE.html
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I have the shorter version, the 5216. It is solid aluminum, very heavy and very well made. The only issue you may have is that if you dont get all the templates you want with it, you will be hunting for a while, since they are long out of production and only show up occasionally. but if you are looking for a basic dovetail jig, it cant be beat.
Grab it! That is a good price and those are battleship DT jigs! They are a little putzy to set up (as are all 1/2 blind jigs) so I recommend dedicating a router to it so that once set up you can leave it and never need to adjust it again.

I have a 1/4" dovetail template attached to mine which used to be an accessory. I'm not sure if they make that accessory for it any more but 1/4" DTs in small boxes and drawers often gets people's attention. People think they are cool. No other jig that I am aware of will make those.