Bob Hamilton has passed away
On 4/24 he lost his fight with cancer. I always enjoyed his video's and learned a lot from them. Always enjoyed his Canadian accent. I would have liked to have met him.
'
I saw that yesterday on a face book group I belong to. Bob was one of the first youtube authors I watched and I learned a lot from him. Not only technique but he shared his thought process as well as anyone. I've been missing his videos for some time.
Steve K

darn. Cancer takes so many

http://bobhamswwing.com/Gallery1/woodtur...llery1.htm
I do not remember him. Was he a Woodnetter?

I think Cancer takes way to many people then it should.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin Eastman said:

Arlin

Arline
Bob Hamilton was a youtube wood turning video author. One of the best IMO. Many youtubers, myself included, edit their videos fairly heavily in the interest of time. Many of Bob's videos were largely unedited. He also interacted with the camera as he would a friend, talked to himself and really gave insight into his thought process as well as showing great technique in his turning.
Steve K

Steve K said:

[blockquote]Arlin Eastman said:

Arlin

Arline
Bob Hamilton was a youtube wood turning video author. One of the best IMO. Many youtubers, myself included, edit their videos fairly heavily in the interest of time. Many of Bob's videos were largely unedited. He also interacted with the camera as he would a friend, talked to himself and really gave insight into his thought process as well as showing great technique in his turning.

[/blockquote]

Agreed I learned a lot from his videos and write ups. This sucks.

He will be missed.
Peter Brown

I can fix that...

shop-time.net
Does anyone have a link to his turnings?

Yep it seems like a lot of turners are going to the big lathe in heaven and sad to see to.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Did ya not see my post Arlin?
Did not notice the link.

A lot of guys have their web addresses on the bottom.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention

I'd not heard of Bob until this thread. I decided to go look at some of his videos. Very, very instructive. In one, he takes a break to sharpen a detail skew, and all you hear is his grinder for about 2 minutes. Left the camera rolling the whole time! Interesting he left that part in the video, because it was edited in portions. I'll be watching more. I'm glad we have those videos still out there.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill