glue choice - exterior, cedar, domino tenons
doing some custom lattice work with kiln-dried western red cedar, was going to use the Sipo domino tenons. None of the joints are structural. What kind of glue would you use?
Titebond 3. Waterproof and so much easier then epoxy and less messy then polyurethane.
WoodNET... the new safespace
Epoxy, much easier than Titebond 3 because there is a lot more open time. Sorry Splinter, I gotta go against you on this one.

I used Gorilla Glue on my curved cedar railing 20 years ago and not one single part of it failed. The foaming makes it pretty much mandatory that a means of planing and or sanding off the foam is necessary.
Unless you need more than 10 min of open time then TB lll. You can glue one end of the domino then the other. If you need more time checkout West systems epoxy. Avoid gorilla glue its a mess (their marketing is far better then their product.)
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
I am doing something very similar except there are some structural joints.

I prefer TB3, but do I half to use epoxy on the structural joints ?
There is a fine line between woodworking and insanity - sometimes I am not sure which side of the line I am on.
Thanks everyone. I read on the Titebond website that for cedar you need to clean the surface first with acetone..
mound said:

Thanks everyone. I read on the Titebond website that for cedar you need to clean the surface first with acetone..

I work with a lot of Eastern Redcedar and I've never cleaned a joint with acetone. Never needed to. That's just my personal experience.
If I had 8 hours to cut down a tree, I'd do it in 15 minutes with a chainsaw and drink beer the other 7:45 hrs.
Most epoxies and all the TB glues are much stronger than wood once cured.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Using TB lll I just give it a quick wipe. It's not like ipe or lignum vitae which need more attention.
homo homini lupus
I used Gorilla on my exterior shutters with pegged loose tenons, and the joints failed. I'd use tb3