WTB: Cabinet scraper
Looking to buy a cabinet scraper. I am located in west central OH. Thanks!
Are you looking for a particular style? I have a Stanley #80 I can sell. I also have an 81.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
DaveParkis said:

Are you looking for a particular style? I have a Stanley #80 I can sell. I also have an 81.

#80. I've never used a #81. Is there a practical difference? I may also be interested in a scraper plane depending on price.
I will PM you this evening
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
The 80 and 81 are pretty much the same tool. The 81 is nickel plated, has a rosewood sole and the lever cap pivots for what that's worth. I prefer the rosewood sole over the plain steel sole of the 80.

Phil
Id you're still in the market, I have a Stanley No. 12 that I can sell you.
Both the 80 and the 81 have a fixed bedding angle, the 12 is adjustable. the 81 and the 12 clamp the blade close to the cutting edge while the 80 holds it further away. One advantage the 80 has is it's ability to tension (curve) the blade. This action is the same as flexing a card scraper so your corners don't cut as deep (if at all) as the center. If you want to see all three, I'm in Groveport, pm me.
Captain Kirk was talking about my shop when he said: Space the final frontier!   
BillN said:

Id you're still in the market, I have a Stanley No. 12 that I can sell you.

Thanks, but I think I'm going to move forward with a #80.