Finish for old night stand?
We have an old oak night stand that likely had an oil finish. The top has some water marks and shows some wear, but not scratches. Any suggestions on how or whether to proceed with refinishing?
I would try to remove the water marks, then apply wax.  If that doesn't work, then clean with mineral spirits and see if a light coat of a wiping oil gets what you are looking for.   Usually,  I try the least intrusive first, since stripping and refinishing can be a pain.
I saw a video Ytube a guy with water marks on a table , wiped on a very wet Alcohol coat, lite if off and the water marks were gone.
I have one like that just not have done it yet.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

Why are you giving advice here?

you have no credibility other than what you discover via google searches 

which anyone can do
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy