Steam Bending
Nice!

I was browsing through an old Woodsmith magazine last night and came across an article bout this. 

The author's solution was he used a big piece of PVC pipe, probably 8" diameter and about 36 inches long for his steam chamber.

Made a mental note that it was there as I have always wanted to get into making steam bent Shaker nesting boxes.
(04-04-2018, 04:00 PM)TRW Wrote: Nice!

I was browsing through an old Woodsmith magazine last night and came across an article bout this. 

The author's solution was he used a big piece of PVC pipe, probably 8" diameter and about 36 inches long for his steam chamber.

Made a mental note that it was there as I have always wanted to get into making steam bent Shaker nesting boxes.

Need to be careful on the type of PVC pipe. The cheaper type will get mushy and droop and go flat. I actually found this out the hard way.  As for the Shaker boxes, the folks that I have seen making them use a section of gutter capped at each end. They pace them over a small stove and simply boil the thin slats before bending them around the forms.