Big box/small shed
Just have to worry about the neighbers' kids and pets.

(10-20-2018, 07:23 PM)wood2woodknot Wrote: Just  have to worry about the neighbers' kids and pets.

Only once
Uhoh  Coastal bears seem to like to chew up rubbery things like fishing floats, etc.  Some of the guys I worked with travel via inflatable boats and had trouble with bears tearing them up.  They also relied on electric fencing to keep their boats and other gear safe.  I think they ran them off a car battery.  Might be good for the sticky fingered crowd I mentioned, too. 
Winkgrin  I have 120v power right where I plan to build my mini-shed.  Seems like I heard about people with chickens around here also using them.

Phil
(10-20-2018, 07:56 AM)TheCabinetmaker Wrote: bottd

The site you referenced  can you send me their homepage address?

When we built that shed we did it from the original hard copy or the magazine, which is long gone. After reading the OP comment I did a google search for Workbench magazine cedar shed and the linked article came up in the mix. Sorry if it has cause any problems.

We built it pretty close to the original plans and he is very happy with it. We used hardi plank siding instead if cedar and built the doors from scratch, and of course there were a couple of missteps from the plans as we went along that required some adjustments.
russia and china have no respect for intellectual property.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(10-20-2018, 07:23 PM)wood2woodknot Wrote: Just  have to worry about the neighbers' kids and pets.

When I put my deer fence up, the neighbor, who fed the deer herd in her back yard, much to my annoyance, came over and asked if it was electrified.  I said yes, enough to keep them out of my shrubbery.  She asked "what about the children" and I related to her the story of when I was young and living near a dairy farm with an electric fence, which we were told not to touch.  She asked me if I touched it, and I said yes, of course.  So she repeated her question, what about the children, and I replied, like me, they'll only touch it once......

Actually, if you are not barefoot, all you get is an unpleasant tingling sensation; the problem is if you are barefoot and grounded, then ZAP.  When I got zapped, I was fixing one of the clips on the iron post and brushed up against the tape, so I was totally grounded.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I just remember some of the ways that boys tried testing the fence - some were both foolish and painful, if you know what I mean. But then they were old enough to know better and were testing their own toughness.

(10-20-2018, 06:50 PM)wood2woodknot Wrote: When we were in Alaska we went out to one of the glaciers to start our rafting trip. The storage shed on site had trouble with bears breaking in. They installed an electric fence around it. End of problem. Don't know what restrictions you have. Farmers here in Ohio have some electric fences that are portable so they can move them quickly to close off different sections of their fields. Don't think they are too expensive.

I have two chargers , one 5 mile battery operated and the other a plug in. Battery one was about $60.00 and the plug in about $80.00. Both work well to keep animals out of the gardens. Plug in is a 10 mile charger. Zareba is the brand I use, online and at Tractor Supply too.
They sell a kit that has everything needed to get started. Charger ,wire , fiberglass 3'-0" posts and a 3'-0" copper ground rod.
mike
The average person sees or hears of an electric fence and thinks
of huge electrical shocks killing off everything that touches it.

"what about the children?"

Pfffft...

A hot wire along the top of field fence stretched along rows of T posts
was enough to contain the horses. My folks never lost a one, nor did
any of us kids get maimed or killed!!

Big Grin
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me