Oven ignitors
I replaced both ignitors about a year ago.  At that time, the ignitors would turn on but must not have been getting hot enough to ignite the gas. Since I replaced them, until today, everything has been fine.

Today, both ignitors are not turning on, neither of them.  Is there a condition that has to be met for them to turn on? If one would short out, does that prevent the other from lighting?  I find it hard to believe both ignitors went bad at the exact time.  

Thoughts
(05-11-2024, 11:45 AM)Andydiy Wrote: I replaced both ignitors about a year ago.  At that time, the ignitors would turn on but must not have been getting hot enough to ignite the gas.  Since I replaced them, until today, everything has been fine.

Today, both ignitors are not turning on, neither of them.  Is there a condition that has to be met for them to turn on? If one would short out, does that prevent the other from lighting?  I find it hard to believe both ignitors went bad at the exact time.  

Thoughts

The only thing I can think of is a bad ground or faulty safety valve.

Which model?
When you don’t get what you want, you get experience!
A while back I had a different problem. I could see the igniter glowing however the gas wouldn't come on. In my case, the igniter wasn't drawing enough current which prevented the gas valve from opening. A new igniter fixed the problem. So as Dave said your oven might think there is a problem.
Captain Kirk was talking about my shop when he said: Space the final frontier!   
(05-11-2024, 11:45 AM)Andydiy Wrote: I replaced both ignitors about a year ago.  At that time, the ignitors would turn on but must not have been getting hot enough to ignite the gas.  Since I replaced them, until today, everything has been fine.

Thoughts

Check if you have voltage feeding the igniter at the terminal connection.    Roly
We have a Kitchenaid double oven range. I found out the gas valve shuts down after a power failure, or in my case when I turned off the breaker to do some electrical work. You have to press the “Start” button to reset things.
VH07V  
(05-13-2024, 12:23 PM)EightFingers Wrote: We have a Kitchenaid double oven range. I found out the gas valve shuts down after a power failure, or in my case when I turned off the breaker to do some electrical work. You have to press the “Start” button to reset things.

That is good to know.   Roly
(05-13-2024, 12:23 PM)EightFingers Wrote: We have a Kitchenaid double oven range. I found out the gas valve shuts down after a power failure, or in my case when I turned off the breaker to do some electrical work. You have to press the “Start” button to reset things.

This is the kind of tidbit that is great to have filed away.

I would be willing to bet there have been a number of ovens replaced because someone was not aware of this “safety feature”.