Not much to say, just wanted to share this with people who would appreciate it.

Untitled by fibonacci_galoot, on Flickr" />
"When I nod my head, hit it." - M. Howard.

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof

Nice!!! I've been looking for one of those for a couple of years now.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$

That's a beaut. John! Don't get a hernia lifting it.

Mike, it's the aluminum version so it's not too heavy, just over 20 pounds I believe.

John

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof
DaveParkis said:

Nice!!! I've been looking for one of those for a couple of years now.

Me too, without success. Finally broke down and bought a Grammercy Tools vice from Joel at TFWW.

I'm jealous.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

I have been wanting one for years now but I haven't been actively looking for one. Then last week I did a search on eBay and found this one listed as a buy-it-now. I thought about it for a couple of hours (don't know why I waited so long) then I pulled the trigger. I honestly can't say why I happened to check ebay when I did, considering I've never searched there for one before. I guess it was meant to be.

John

Nice, I have the same one in my shop!

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
I heard they also have stout anvils...
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
John congratulations, I would love to find one myself.

Steve
Nice. Did you score that one on eBay? There was a green aluminum vise in there for over a week. The guy kept dropping the price by about $50 increments. I was surprised it hadnt sold more quickly. Good price if that's the one. I watched it for the longevity of its listing. Was tempted to buy it, but don't actually "need" another. It's the "want" that keeps ringing in my ears.

Matt
Finally scored an ACME saw vise.