made out of walnut with Sherwin Williams A100 ultra deep tint base. The paint base that dries clear when unaltered.

It is installed on a corner of our mayor's church property in a memorial spot for a former member of the congregation.

After a year:

Glad you posted this, in one of my senior moments (which are all too frequent anymore) I had forgotten the details. Thanks
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Used the same technique/finish for my front door (mahogony). Finish is five years old, faces direct south and shows little wear. WAY better performance than the expensive marine grade varnishes I used before.
Exactly the answer I was looking for. Did you undercoat it with anything? (Shellac, or ??)

I just bought a gallon of exactly that - wish it came in quarts though.

Thanks, Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!

I kind of worried about not using an undercoat, but just applied two coats of the base.

The walnut was kiln dried(I think, stored in my garage for over a year).
Last year, I painted an outside cross