Kick back question
Best way to align fence:

This
[Image: main_saw_gauge.jpg]

Found here. https://www.woodpeck.com/sawgauge.html

I made a clone.  I found a 1" piece of steel dowel and rounded the ends so it would not mar the gauge slot.  I put a 3/4" dado into a piece of hardwood.  I screwed the dial gauge to the side of the hardwood.  I already had a gauge.

If I do it again, I will cut a V and not a dado in the hardwood.  Using the dowel takes up any slack one would get using a bar.  However, you can use a 3/4" bar in the slot, as long as you push the bar tight against the slot wall before reading the gauge.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
C--that will only align table top to blade.
Wood is good. 
If you use it in the other miter slot you can align the blade to the slot, and then fence to slot.

-edit- Actually, if you use the left slot you can align the blade, drop it below the table, move the fence over and align the fence.
(03-28-2018, 03:39 PM)Cecil Wrote: Best way to align fence:

This
[Image: main_saw_gauge.jpg]

Found here. https://www.woodpeck.com/sawgauge.html

I made a clone.  I found a 1" piece of steel dowel and rounded the ends so it would not mar the gauge slot.  I put a 3/4" dado into a piece of hardwood.  I screwed the dial gauge to the side of the hardwood.  I already had a gauge.

If I do it again, I will cut a V and not a dado in the hardwood.  Using the dowel takes up any slack one would get using a bar.  However, you can use a 3/4" bar in the slot, as long as you push the bar tight against the slot wall before reading the gauge.

I have an A-Line-It tool.  I think it's a tad more versatile than the Woodpeckers tool. 

http://www.in-lineindustries.com/product...it-system/

[Image: ILALINEITKIT1-2.jpg]
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I can borrow a dial indicator from our shop.  I will try to come up with a way to check using the dial indicator.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
A caliper and a stick will work just as well. This is what I use. (Apologies for the size, the insert pic thing will not allow me to adjust it)

[Image: dialcaliper.jpg]
(03-29-2018, 08:01 AM)stav Wrote: A caliper and a stick will work just as well. This is what I use. (Apologies for the size, the insert pic thing will not allow me to adjust it)

[Image: dialcaliper.jpg]

I have a caliper.  This assumes that the miter slot aligns with the fence.  An easy thing to check.
As an aside I would like to mention that "pain is good".  

The cut on my hand never really hurt.  When I went to the emergency room the nurse asked me to rate the pain on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being unbearable.

I replied, "Probably a 3; maybe a 2".  

It never really hurt.  Even after the stitches it never really hurt.  

So, yesterday a salesman came into our office.  I forgot about the stitches (because it never really hurt) and I shook his hand. I popped two stitches and it started to bleed a bit again.  

So nature gives us pain to make us stop doing stupid things.  A little more pain and I would have remembered the stitches and not shook the salesman's hand.  

Oh, well.
(03-29-2018, 09:36 AM)Cooler Wrote: I have a caliper.  This assumes that the miter slot aligns with the fence.  An easy thing to check.

That is kind of the idea. Use the miter slot as a fixed point for aligning everything. The blade and the fence. I don't know what kind of fence you have but all of them that I have had were adjustable.
(03-29-2018, 09:36 AM)Cooler Wrote: I have a caliper.  This assumes that the miter slot aligns with the fence.  An easy thing to check.

Actually you align the blade with the miter slot, then you also align the fence with the miter slot.  The miter slot becomes the common reference for both alignments.

Note, when you align the blade, be sure to use the same tooth, front and back.  I mark the tooth I am using with a red marker.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe