SawStop Sawsuit
JGrout said:

The patents either start to expire or will expire ~8/2021

Gass is a patent attorney and presumably knows the techniques for extending the expiration of a patent through incremental revisions. It's pretty common practice and could extend the expiration for decades.
geek2me said:

[blockquote]Tapper said:

I've laid it out - you don't like it and you misrepresent what I've said. Have it your way.

You "laid out" your opinion without support and I asked why your view differed from the objective reports. You responded by labeling me a "hater" rather than having an adult discussion and supporting your position. For example, you claimed "rave reviews" but would not even cite one - and the twenty or so I found are not "rave" reviews.

Seems like "your mind is made up and the facts won't change that". You are entitled to your opinion, but it may be helpful to understand your position conflicts with the facts you implied you referenced but did not cite.

[/blockquote]

What, in your opinion, constitutes a "rave" review? Most reviews of table saws I've seen rate SawStop the best or highest rating they give.

Here are just a few I've found in about 5 min of searching:

http://www.consumersearch.com/table-saw-reviews
http://www.finewoodworking.com/tool-guid...31230.aspx
http://www.woodmagazine.com/woodworking-...table-saws
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Rave reviews? Who cares (not to mention that no such reviews exist of SawStop -- that guy made them up)?

What matters is that most owners and users of SawStop rate the machine the best. Those who badmouth the SawStop saws know nothing about them as most of them only see the saw in action on a video (the hot dog film).

Some say once the SawStop patents expire, other sawmakers would be able to install the same safety technology. Yes, but they also need to match the quality of the saw and by the time they can do that, let us see their pricing shock.

Simon
geek2me said:

.....did not think anybody was buying Sawstop products.

This statement speaks volumes about your knowledge (or lack thereof) of this topic. SS (that would be Sawstop just in case you're still confusing it with another product ) has been on the market for ten+ years now, is sold at Woodcraft stores (among others) as well as directly from the parent company, has been written about in countless prominent WW (that's "woodworking" for you) magazines such as FWW (Fine Woodworking) and PW (Popular Woodworking).

I do not care whether you accept my description of the reviews as "rave" or not. If your argument hinges on that one, you have no "bullets in your belt." Both the SS table saws and the safety technology have been widely praised (that word work for you???) by experts in the woodworking field. That's good enough for me. If it's not good enough for you, again, I really don't care.

Doug
geek2me said:

[blockquote]Tapper said:

I've laid it out - you don't like it and you misrepresent what I've said. Have it your way.

You "laid out" your opinion without support and I asked why your view differed from the objective reports. You responded by labeling me a "hater" rather than having an adult discussion and supporting your position. For example, you claimed "rave reviews" but would not even cite one - and the twenty or so I found are not "rave" reviews.

Seems like "your mind is made up and the facts won't change that". You are entitled to your opinion, but it may be helpful to understand your position conflicts with the facts you implied you referenced but did not cite.

[/blockquote]

Description of the reviews covered in my previous post. My position reflects the facts as they are. Please let me know when you decide to enter into an "adult discussion" - I've been there from the beginning; seems like you have had a difficult time getting past the word "rave" and joining the rest of us.

Doug
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

JGrout said:

Out of the shadows, eh? You don't like it, don't read it. Thought you had me on your blocked list anyway???

Doug
you made your point move on

nope not on ignore but you are not too good at figuring it out
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Tell you what, I'll do what I want and not what you want. Don't even try.

Doug
knock yourself out