Who are you
John - 47 years old. Been working at a brewery for about 26 years now. I've owned a lathe for about 2 years now but only turned it on about 10 times! (I collect tools but skeered to use them. )
Elevators smell different to midgets.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

Nmae is Glenn or to my families friends in new york I am little sheldon. I have been turning for about 5 years.
hairy. It's an adjective, not a pronoun. I haven't cut my hair or shaved since I got out of the military, and don't have plans to.

USAF 1971 to 75, OANG 1977 to 94.

The only job I've ever had is a mechanic. Mostly bomb loaders, generators and air conditioners for Uncle Sam. I've never been a car mechanic, but I worked on a lot of trucks and off road crap. Last year I retired after 30 years fixing city buses in Cincinnati.

I've been woodworking and turning about 3 years now. I always had the desire, but had to go to work.

I'm into old harley's and antique guns, and cooking.
Bump!
Never, under ANY circumstances, make the last cut.

Three Seasons Woodturnings
You should be able to guess my first name. although the funny part is nickname was given to me in college by a Miami Vice fan.

I have been turning since January. The last two weeks is the first time that I feel like I know what I am doing. That doesn't mean I think I am good, just that I feel like I am somewhat competent, at least with a bowl gouge.

Edited to add, hey Patsfan - my first week in class I turned an end-grain bowl (had I known better I would not have used end-grain) and after working for over an hour on a 5x5x3 block I produced a more or less bowl shaped object. I called my instructor over, he said just about the same thing.
Would everyone please FILL OUT your, MY PROFILE.
yes you too Anthony
" this has been a public service announcement"
and Thank you to those who have.
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

George..am truly experienced..3 weeks under my belt ...am hooked bigtime...nice to meet ya!
ya ever said something you thought was witty and intelligent and sobered up and said...what person said that?
Allan Hill. 55 yrs old. I live in the Mojave Desert NE of LA. I'm a reliability, maintainability, and supportability engineer in the aerospace industry. I can't talk about the things I do at work. Been turning for about 3 years; seriously for the last year or so. Mostly bowls, handled things, and, as of last night, added a platter to my repertoire. Turning is a lot of fun, but a lot more messy than my traditional hand tools! A good kind of messy.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill