Old arn pic thread
Unisaw A100 said:

Unisaw A-100

The famous saw that set the standard that continues today. They don't get any better that the first saw off the line. Thanks Keith.
gregsturnings said:

The first saw off the line.

That's never been confirmed (that it was/is the first Unisaw).

Oldest known, yes, to the best of my knowledge.

Unisaw A-100
OK my turn, a little late but what's new? I picked this little gem up off CL, a couple of years ago. It was new in the box and only 25 years old.

Another CL find, I had to put a new power cord on it and of course I built a Mr Sawdust top for it.

Dave
"Amateur Putzing in Shop." Northern Wood on Norm 5/07

"Dave's shop is so small you have to go outside to turn around" Big Dave on my old shop
So I built a new shop.  (Picasa went away so did the link to the pictures)
Lumber Yard® said:

LOL Seriously?? I thought this was old arn pics, not seriously overpriced gizmos?
Unisaw A100 said:

[blockquote]gregsturnings said:

The first saw off the line.

That's never been confirmed (that it was/is the first Unisaw).
Oldest known, yes, to the best of my knowledge.

Unisaw A-100

[/blockquote]

On the same note, no one has ever shown proof it isn't either. SOOOO in my eyes it holds the title till someone can prove different. Sounds reasonable to me!!
This is most of what I've collected..excuse the poor pics. My shop hasn't yet recovered from a boat moving in.

'53 Unisaw

Delta 6 x 48

Super 900

Aliens!!

C-man DP

'60 Delta 14 BS

Lathe that is used for other things most of the time

honkin 1hp looking for something to do

'41-ish Walker Turner 16 BS

'62 37-315

fishboat said:

Aliens!!

Hey fishboat....I thought I would have seen every piece of Craftsman equipment, by now. What does this little beauty alien do?

Andrew
"That's like getting a running start and diving headfirst into the vortex."

Steve Freidman 4/21/2013
Cute heh? It's like picking up a solid chunk of cast iron..which is pretty much what it is. It's a 6 inch planer. I'm not sure of the date on this one, but they were made in the 40's & 50's. This is an original and functioning machine. The former owner is now in a nursing home. He was an engineer. I swear you could shave with the blades..he liked his tools.
Kevin
bumped. Too good to die.
-----
Justin
Thanks, Justin!
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."