The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn
Off cuts at a great price. Going to put them over insulation to cover the walls and do a slat wall configuration based on a shop notes idea.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Looking good - love that radiant heat setup! Tell us about the insulation plan.

Doug
We have a reclaim poly iso foam insulation guy here in town that will be hard to beat for insulation. It will be what I can get a deal on with a decent R value.

Well I decided to bookcase the building and I ordered fiberglass kraft faced batts on Friday for the walls. Picked up the 2X6s today - here are the first 189 - full bunk. Menards 11% off week got me off my butt. Bookcasing 24" on center will make attaching the off cut ply sheets I got easier.

I shudder thinking about insulating and heating all that space. Have your own gas well??
gregsturnings said:

I shudder thinking about insulating and heating all that space. Have your own gas well??

R19 fiberglass batts and the framing for it and my ply walls were $1800.

Heat is radiant floor (water and glycol in PEX) and heated by a radiant boiler that is NG. Once to temp the slab and death will act as heat sink. The boiler heat will not cycle on that often. It will be kept at 50-55 degrees. This is what I am thinking but have never actually done so I will let you know how that works out. I am copying what a few hundred garage journal guys have built mostly.

BloomingtonMike said:

[blockquote]gregsturnings said:

Heat is radiant floor (water and glycol in PEX) and heated by a radiant boiler that is NG. Once to temp the slab and death will act as heat sink. The boiler heat will not cycle on that often. It will be kept at 50-55 degrees. This is what I am thinking but have never actually done so I will let you know how that works out. I am copying what a few hundred garage journal guys have built mostly.

[/blockquote]

You will absolutely love in floor heat. I'd keep it a bit warmer though. I used to work in an aircraft hanger with heated floors. Nice place for a nap.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
BloomingtonMike said:

[blockquote]gregsturnings said:

[/blockquote]

Are you closing up the ceiling at least?
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis