Expansion & Contraction offspring - Combo
Steve N said:

Wild board D, if a person had vertigo it would be a tough day around it though

You may win the prize for most individual pieces in a cutting board based on all of the one's I've looked at.

OK, 1129 pieces.

What is the prize?
There is a fine line between woodworking and insanity - sometimes I am not sure which side of the line I am on.
A heartfelt Congratulations for making such a neat board, and our collective thanks for your sharing it with us

How did that work? Or were ya angling for $$$$$

Seriously, thanks D. I look forward to your posts, always interesting, and extremely well done.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Steve N said:

A heartfelt Congratulations for making such a neat board, and our collective thanks for your sharing it with us

How did that work? Or were ya angling for $$$$$

Seriously, thanks D. I look forward to your posts, always interesting, and extremely well done.

No, not going for the $$$$$, just wanted to share. I get some good ideas from here and hope that the things I post will inspire others.

Thanks to all for the kind words.
There is a fine line between woodworking and insanity - sometimes I am not sure which side of the line I am on.
Is it all end grain? If so, how did you prepare it for finish? Sanding or planing?
Latech15 said:

Is it all end grain? If so, how did you prepare it for finish? Sanding or planing?

Yes, all end grain. The bulk of the sanding was with my drum sander (one of my best investments) and then a follow up with a random orbit sander.

I would NEVER run an end grain board through my planer - too dangerous. (especially with one that I have invested so many hours).
Are those your videos on Youtube document the build of these cutting boards? I watched a bunch this weekend, but I can't find them now.

David Stone said:

Are those your videos on Youtube document the build of these cutting boards? I watched a bunch this weekend, but I can't find them now.

Nope, not me.
I think it should be called "Four Dimension Chessboard". Nicely done. Hint: Don't scroll up and down really fast while staring at the middle. I think I just experienced seasickness 450 miles from the ocean.
BigD said:

[blockquote]David Stone said:

Nope, not me.

[/blockquote]
update - you made me wonder, so I went looking and found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gliOZyHkdps

There is a big ad that you have to wait on, but it is there.

I did mine on my own - it must be true that great minds think alike
I love that guys saw handle push stick

I think he makes boards for a living, he has really big boy tools for just making one or two boards. The American flag makes me want a CNC
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW