Would you consider this dangerous?
Yes, I'd consider that dangerous. Seems like he has a few scars and fresh cuts on his hands to testify to the inherent danger of it.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I noticed they sharpen their own blades.

Properly configured blades make a huge difference.

I'll bet they get injured more as the blade dulls.
Absolutely, perfectly safe, all he needs is saw stop technology.
TomFromStLouis said:

I have to watch a ten minute video just to understand your question?!

No thanks. If it seems dangerous to you, find another way.

Smile.

Thanks for posting the video. I enjoyed it. Always fascinating to see how people make a living.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
As soon as the video starts there is an ad at the bottom for Asians over 50 seeking romance.

I would say that it isn't necessarily dangerous if you spend a little time getting to know the Asian first.
Signature
I guess you need to block out the world when you do that. Any distraction could be disastrous.

Interesting video.
See ya later,
Bill
Reminds me of watching, might have been Dirty Jobs, making cedar shingles. Operator sat next to a giant spinning blade. Each time the blade sliced off a shingle, the operator reached over with one hand and plucked off the spinning blade. Said to always reach in from front to back because the teeth were behind you and if you reached from the front your fingers were safe when touching the blade. Then after plucking it off, the held it over a foot operated chop saw to cut out the defects. Just held it down and when they stepped on the switch, the blade would jump up from below and make the cut. The speed at which they did this was amazing.
Making shingles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3HBfj423cc
"Don't force it - get a bigger hammer!"
I remember watching an episode of Dirty Jobs where they featured a sawmill makiing cedar shakes. It gave me the willies just watching how fast they worked and how close they came to unguarded, spinning blades. I got really nervous when it was Rowe's turn to try it. I figured the show wouldn't even air if he had lopped off an appendage, but it still was hard to watch.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

Definitely looks dangerous. Which is a little bit surprising because Italy has machine guarding regulations that go way beyond being over the top (not that that is a bad thing).

On a side note, I have spent a lot of time in that Italian valley. We have a manufacturing facility a little farther west from where that picture was taken and the area is absolutely stunning.
There are two kinds of people: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring - Carl Sagan