Sycamore box
Arlin Eastman said:

I sure would like to know how you did it all.

Arlin

I start with 2 small sycamore bowl blanks, mark, cut on B/S, put double sided tape between them and turn rough shape between centers.

Cut a piece of walnut bigger the buns. Mark the outer diameter of the bun onto the bottom of the burger. You can carve and burn the edge of the walnut before or after you glue it on, but the joint between them has to absolutely be a good joint with no gaps. Make sure that the top edge of the walnut is only slightly rounded with no carving or burning.

" />

Cut a square piece for your cheese, cut a recess in the bottom so that it's a good tight fit onto the walnut. I shaped it before gluing it on. Again, you want a good tight joint between the pieces, or you will see a gap on the inside after you hollow.

" />

Hollow it out however you do it. I use a steady.
" />

Cut a tenon on the top piece of bun, get a good tight fit. You'll lose some tightness sanding, get some back with finish.

" />

Put the 2 halves together and shape it to be in proportion.

" />

Part off the top piece, use the bottom piece as a jam chuck. I back that up with blue tape and clean up the top.

" />

Now you shape and texture it , use what you got.

I cut some potato shapes out of an ash piece. Shaped them as best as I could, cut them into slices and shaped them some more.

" />

I glued the bottom bun onto a little platter I had turned earlier. Glued on the potato pieces one at a time. I mixed some stuff called Triple Thick gloss with red and yellow acrylic paints. It makes the paint thicker without changing the color.

" />
I had to make this thread a Favorite Thread so I can go back and look at it.

Thank you for tell us how.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Love the creativity. Very
Totally too cool!! Thanks for sharing!!

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
That's amazing...
"Well behaved women rarely make history."

You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have.
bump for info
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Arlin Eastman said:

bump for info

What info?
Info of Ideas.

I have a question on the bun/burger

Do you think I could use the inside of black walnut for the burger and the white sap wood of black walnut for the bottom? That way it is two in one wack.

On the cheese how it is wrapped around the burger. I do not understand how you did that. Did you do the yellow heart first and make it like a winged bowl?

Arlin

Arlin Eastman said:

I have a question on the bun/burger

Do you think I could use the inside of black walnut for the burger and the white sap wood of black walnut for the bottom? That way it is two in one wack.

On the cheese how it is wrapped around the burger. I do not understand how you did that. Did you do the yellow heart first and make it like a winged bowl?

Arlin

Sure, use walnut. Bread is many colors.

To make the cheese fit the burger, cut a recess into the cheese that the burger fits into. The mating faces must be a good, smooth fit. I used a square yellowheart blank so that the corners hang over the walnut. It is easier to shape it after it's glued on, that way you have a way to hold it. Practice on scraps.Take a square blank, cut in a recess for a round blank to fit into.Then shape it to look like it droops over by cutting down the corners from the top side.

Sorry, I don't have more/better pics.