Is this the Festool of Lathes?
Noticed this on the Nashville craigslist site. Thought at first the price was a misprint. After a little research it appears that this is actually a reasonable price. And, I'm pretty sure that this lathe does more than just turn pens.

For that kind of money I could buy -- heck, I could buy everything in my shop new and still go on the vacation of a lifetime!

Give it a look:

https://nashville.craigslist.org/tls/5220714983.html
Wow, Rolls Royce of lathes might be more apropos. Looked like five rows of indexing holes in one gear and seven in another. That's quite an interesting piece.

Doug
Yes, that's what they go for.
Ornamental turnings can be quite spectacular. There are far less expensive options than this
If I only had Bill Gates' money. Cool....
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
James Harris has long been doing ornamental turned boxes with african blackwood and other timbers. Fantastic examples of what can be done with one of those machines. I can only marvel at them.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
That is more then a Rose Engine Lathe which is almost the same thing.

They did build a nice lathe there tho but to me personally I would get a lathe and the Rose Engine Lathe for a lot less.

But that could be used for many things including small metal lathe too

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
He wants cash.

That will be one fat wad of bills to carry around.
Be sure to bring some guards along.
Why wouldn't you just buy any commonly available metal lathe? It would be twice the lathe that is for a fraction of the price. Looks nice for a wood lathe but meh in metal lathe features and size/mass. That money would buy a used HAAS TL1 CNC lathe.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Mike

It is combined with a Rose Engine Lathe and not even close to a regular metal lathe.

Google Rose Engine lathe and you will be surprised what it does. I know I would love to have one but a regular one costs about 2k

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.