Bowl that I scraped out
I'm not much of a turner (I scrape the wood mostly)

But I scraped this yarn bowl out. The bottom has a lazy susan in it, to keep the yarn twisted easily. The wood was from storm damaged tree in the front yard, that I grabbed before the city took it. Ornamental Pear, I believe. The finish is only sprayed lacquer.

That's a fine looking yarn bowl!!
Thank you ! I like it real well.

I'm going to make another one. The next one, I am going to install a motor with an on/off switch, to automatically wind up the yarn. That will be excellent.

Maybe I can find a market to sell some of these spinning yarn bowls, seems to me, there must be a need for them and I can't find any on the internet.
I think you did a swell job and would like to make one myself.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Nicely done, a yarn bowl is in my future
Steve K

Very nice

Most yarn bowls I see have a notch/groove cut into the side. Any reason you didn't? Just curious. I don't know nothing about yarn. Lol
Wipedout said:

Very nice

Most yarn bowls I see have a notch/groove cut into the side. Any reason you didn't? Just curious. I don't know nothing about yarn. Lol

Your question is good. Traditionally, yarn bowls DO have a notch or a hole, or both, to feed the yarn through. Some folks use the hole, and some do not use it. I can't see ever wanting to use such a bowl.

I am sure it would be counter productive and only serve to be a point of frustration. (ie yarn getting caught in it or snagged in some way when I am spinning up the yarn)
I had never heard of a "yarn bowl", then "yarn bowl" was the challenge for our March club meeting. You did a much nicer job than I did.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Thanks Bill and others.
Looks good

How is the lazy susan bearing installed?