Hickory and Walnut Demilune table
NICE!!!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Cowabunga!

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone

Beautiful!
That's outta the park!
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Is this closer to reality? (Photoshop color corrected; your "white balance" was off)

"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
The sapele and walnut are not that dark.
The sheet I used as a backdrop was not white but more of a yellowish cream color so that probably threw off the color balance.

My photo editing skills (and photography, for that matter) are lacking. Re-sizing and scaling are the only thing I did to the pictures. There's always something new to learn.
I played around a little with the balance. Here are the same pictures.
I have the table right outside my office and comparing to the pictures, these look better. The maple shows much less yellow.
There are two edge strips of walnut that stand out but that seems to change depending on angle I look at it, not the wood itself. Not sure how to correct that in the pictures.

That is very nice John. I sure would love to make something like that for my wife sometime.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
There is a little chunk of white on the right (as you look at it) at the rear, part of the compass. It is balanced by a corresponding dark chunk on the other side. The white piece jumps out at me and the other side blends into the dark background. Makes it look unbalanced in the pic. Is that the way it looks in real life? I hadn't noticed it until now. Ken
That is one half of the the inner peaks of the rose were you to slice a full rose in half. When I first starting cutting the pieces, I didn't have those and I thought it looked a little funny and incomplete.
The taped veneer pictures on my google link show it before I added them. The sapele piece is not quite as hidden as the picture shows. It would have looked ok without those two peaks, I suppose. Too late now.