Cutting Board
Here is a "butterfly" cutting board based on a design by MTM Wood out of Russia. I'm sure his cutting board videos have been shared here. He makes some really cool looking boards.

18.5" x 18.5" x 1.5"

Maple and walnut with paduak border

Mahoney's walnut oil finish

I ended up using about every piece of maple I could find in my shop and ended up different shades of maple which is unfortunate.

Next time I'll cut from the same 8/4 board

Fun project and have second one ready for glue up.

" />

" />
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
Looks great! Any chance you have some instructions on making that one? I have watched many of those videos and have always hoped for a cut list to go with them.
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

I did it the old fashion way, watched the videos and figured it on my own.

So after making this, yes I now have my own plans.
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
Nice board, heavy duty Ohhhh Wow factor

Link for those unfamiliar with the MTMwood videos
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
paarker said:

have always hoped for a cut list to go with them.

He hasn't shown a list, but I fugure him at 5'7" so when he has his arms apart on the first cutting here I figure it about 28". The second cutting near 14" then he get's out a caliper and shows you in pencil he wants 38mm, and the caliper shows 39.xxxxx next he planes off a smidge. Going like that you can figure dimension close enough to work with, he does show all the steps.

Go for it, worst thing you can do is mess up some scrap wood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg6pusLDa40
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
awesome work! once i get my drum sander built im tackling this.
how many hours ya think ya have in it?
that guy has some serious talent as do you!
any chance youve gone to his website and seen the prices hes getting for them?
That, sir, is gorgeous.

Blaine
Thanks guys!

I never really kept track of time on this first one as I messed with it as I found time between other things going on.

My problem was I had to keep searching through my wood stash to find enough material.

Next one, I have orders now since sharing on social media, I will cut all pieces out of the same 8/4 board of each specie. I'm hoping to do get one done in 4 hours start to finish. Of course not counting time for glue to dry

KLaz said:

I'm hoping to do get one done in 4 hours start to finish. Of course not counting time for glue to dry

I made on of those and you must be a LOT faster than I am because I have a he!! of a lot more than 4 hours in mine.

By the way, you did a good job - looks good. Also, will you share what you are charging? (If not in this thread, maybe in a PM?)
There is a fine line between woodworking and insanity - sometimes I am not sure which side of the line I am on.