If you were me...
I've had this mirror in a box for at least 20 years, thinking I would make something with it. With the curves, it's not a straightforward build a rectangular frame exercise; it will take some real work. What would you do? Toss it? Or hang onto it (another 20 years)?

Mark
Mirror
Mark in Sugar Land, TX
Move on....you'll feel better.
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
Well, you could make a solid background for the mirror with something like picture frame around the perimeter. Say use cherry, walnut or the wood of your choice in plywood for the background.

Just a thought.

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
Put it up for sale on some website for $6,599.00 and maybe someone will make an offer for $2,000 and sell it.
Man, that looks like an interesting challenge...

If you have a spot for it in your home, I'd use it. If you were planning on selling the result, sell the mirror to somebody else who'll store it for 20 years before passing it on.

If I were to approach it, I'd use the mirror itself as a template with a patterning bit in a router to transfer the shape to plywood. Then use the same bit in the outer cut edge of the plywood to create a recess in a glued up real-wood frame, then use the leftover ply from the center for a backer.

If I had a place for it, I think I might like to give it a shot myself...
"I'm glad being trapped in the woods hunted by an insane militia made you ask the big life questions."

Check out my Project Blog
Art Deco period.
You could adapt it to whatever you want, throw it away, or make an Art Deco vanity, which is where it belongs.
Some of the features of the vanity where that likely came from are:
Waterfall front edge
Matched veneer front show face
Zebra wood detailing (in many examples)
Blah, blah, blah...
I just did a google image search for, "Art Deco vanity"
Tons of cabinets of the type I'm talking about came up. That's where your mirror came from. Most of the first examples did have waterfall fronts. The front edge of the countertop is a large radius, veneered. A waterfall front.
watch CL free section they have vanities missing mirrors all the time. Set that on top of it call it done. 20 something girls love those
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Bob10 said:

watch CL free section they have vanities missing mirrors all the time. Set that on top of it call it done. 20 something girls love those

Probably the best strategy ever!
I've little doubt that would work.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/fuo/5609188242.html

Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.