Branding your work!
I have a branding iron with my initials. Which reminds me, I forgot to brand something I made over the weekend...
Benny

glennw said:

where did you get the branding iron made.

I got mine at Lee Valley, they have free shipping right now.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I wanted to get a branding iron, but I could not find anywhere to make mine with lowercase letters like in my logo. So I use a sharpie to sign and date my work. I may switch to a rubber stamp if I can find a place to put my logo on one.
If it wasn't for last minute, nothing would get done.

Visit my site for project pics and videos: dlgwoodwork.com
I use the Rockler branding iron, but it does not seem to have a thermostat. It gets hotter and hotter until even the wooden handle can't be touched.
dlgWoodWork said:

I wanted to get a branding iron, but I could not find anywhere to make mine with lowercase letters like in my logo. So I use a sharpie to sign and date my work. I may switch to a rubber stamp if I can find a place to put my logo on one.

Any large office supply store will make one. Thats were I got mine.
I wanted to post pics earlier but couldn't get them to work with my other host .

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. "HF"
I write my name with a sharpie and glue a penny (that has the year that the project was finished) on the underside.