MakerSpace
Our Guild has several members who also belong to MakeICT - the local makerspace. The makerspace has a very well equipped shop. Since I am an hour away and have a good selection of tools I have not joined the makerspace. I and another member of our Guild did present an introduction to routers class about a month ago. I usually attend one of their bi-monthly open houses as a guest.

This weekend there is a Mini Maker Faire at a museum in Wichita. I am there with several other Guild members. We have 4 interactive demos as well as a number of projects. With a projected attendeance of over 2000 people we are getting some good exposure.

The photos show our router demo setup. Visitors use a pair of trim routers to make a sign they design after a couple minutes of instructions on safe use of the tools. The gentleman doing the work is the president of the local makerspace. We also have a carving horse with draw knives and spokeshaves (very popular with kids), a mini lathe and a drill press and wood bending using a hot water bath.

We are fortunate to have this facility in the area. As Guild members we see this as a good opportunity to share the skills, the knowledge and fun that is woodworking.

Disclaimer - that last little bit is right from our mission statement but I think it is appropriate
Smile

Thanks, Bill

[Image: 28580361302_75567de811_c.jpg]DSCN1176 by edn732, on Flickr

[Image: 28686311445_952ba92f2d_c.jpg]DSCN1185 by edn732, on Flickr
Love that little bench that is on top of the workmate. I made one very similar a few years ago. They come in very hand for both hand tool and power tool use.