PM1000
Hey,
Just took delivery of a PM1000.  I have owned a Jet Xacta and a Grizzly 1023RL.  I bought this Powermatic because I wanted a 115 volt this time around.  I have never owned a Powermatic. I am quite surprised with the fit and finish.  Don’t get me wrong it’s a nice saw.  I just expected it to be above a Jet or a Grizzly.  All Three are made in Taiwan.  If I had to rate the fit and finish I would go Jet, Grizzly, then Powermatic.  All great saws but not a huge difference in workmanship.  Just my opinion for what it’s worth.
Deck99
It's an interesting observation. I would have had the same expectations as you did. That said, it does seem like the quality of everything has went down over that past several years so maybe I'm not surprised. It's possible that the Jet and Grizzly offerings have declined as well on the new models.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
That’s a great point.  I haven’t been able to use it yet as I’m waiting for a replacement front fence rail.  The one that came with the saw was pretty gouged up.  I also had to take a little metal sandpaper to the edges corners on the wings and the table.  A bit of burring on them.  Seems ok now but never seen that on the jet or Grizzly.