What's a good size for a finishing room?
Also, what should it include?

Shelves/cabinets for finishes and tools
Air line for sprayers
Utility sink to wash out brushes
A table with a lazy susan
A few movable light sources

Anything else?
Shut up and take your medicine, citizen.
(11-05-2023, 10:48 PM)blanning Wrote: Also, what should it include?

Shelves/cabinets for finishes and tools
Air line for sprayers
Utility sink to wash out brushes
A table with a lazy susan
A few movable light sources

Anything else?

a finishing room/ spray booth should be for finishing/spraying only no storage. have a mixing bench/prep station just outside. storage outside nearby,too.good size depends on what ya finish. i wouldn't go smaller than 12' by 12'.  mounted lights ceiling and walls. filtered air intake and exhaust fan. if you will be spraying then have air plumbed in to a quick connect mounted on a wall.
Sounds like you're going all out, so I'll throw in ventilation and I would also want the storage stuff outside of the room. If you look at auto repair shops spray botths most of them have nothing in there except the lighting and heat (at least the ones I've seen). I's want the same for a true finishing room.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Similar to a car painting booth. Nothing in it except enough room around whatever you are spraying to work safely and comfortably. So walking around the car, I had 5 to 6 ft clearance around the car. 5ft was a little cramped.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS