White oak inside a screened, covered porch. Poly or spar?
Question 
I'm building a table top from white oak that will be inside a screened, roofed porch.  Oil based poly or spar varnish?

For all my boat stuff I used varnish. 

Customer wants a thick, tough finish applied. 

What would you recommend?
Semper fi,
Brad

I'd stick with a true spar varnish. Even protected that way it will still be subject to the humidity changes outside. A spar wouldn't be my first choice for a table top...except in these conditions.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
One of the spar/marine varnishes available at Total Boat, and nothing from a big box store.

John
(01-22-2024, 01:41 PM)jteneyck Wrote: One of the spar/marine varnishes available at Total Boat, and nothing from a big box store.

John

Yah that make some good stuff
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I used Total Boat Gleam on some deck chairs and really like it. 2 coats of gloss/3 coats of satin.

I started out spraying but went with brushing. Seems like it would have taken 8 coats to get what I wanted. It brushes very well and levels out good is you use the brushing thinner.