finish on chess pieces
I made a chess board for a grandson. I have turned the chess pieces out of maple and cherry. I put 4 coats of my go to mix on. [watco natural oil, denatured alcohol and shellac] I sealed with sanding sealer and  I sanded between each coat. The maple looks great but the cherry looks to me awful. All the pieces came out of the same piece of wood but the colors are all over the place. I don't feel like making another set. Do you know of suggestions short of paint for clearing these up.
By the way he's 9 and can kick me into next week on the game and a lot of other people also. Yea that was bragging!!!!
A cherry stain sounds like the way to go to get uniform appearance.

A picture would help.

If you do not know how just go just under this window where you will see New Attachment and select the photo and when it loads just hit attach.

Also my grandson 7 beats me one out of 10 games and he surprised me on one and beat me in 6 moves. 
Crazy 
No  
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Put them in the sun
VH07V