First Bowl
I had picked up a small piece of dried wood with spalting at our local turners club some time last year, and finally got around to finding a bowl inside it today.

There are many issues with this bowl, but I'm liking it.  Watch & pocket knife for scale.
Looks good to me. Now you are on the slippery slope and can kiss flat work goodbye.
Smile

Al
Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy. Blessed are the peacemakers.
You did a fine job on the bowl.  Make sure you date the bottom so you can look back and say Wow that was my first.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(01-29-2024, 07:28 PM)grwold Wrote: There are many issues with this bowl, but I'm liking it.  Watch & pocket knife for scale.

I like it too. Thank you for showing the scale . I've found that small pieces are actually harder to do than larger ones because any little deviation from what you had in mind originally stands out so much more. The issues you think you see (we are always our own worst critics) are likely do be due to the scale.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
Pretty piece of wood. Nicely done!
nice!!!  
Cool

the "slippery slope" just got slipperyer.  
Laugh
Very nice! Welcome to the vortex...
Frank