Reintroduction
I was active here for a long time but life happens and I just haven’t had time to post for a few years. Old timers here probably remember me but I see a lot of unfamiliar names. I have been at this awhile so hopefully I will be able to share and help out some of you guys starting out. I’ll post some pictures of some of my work and see if I have some of my old step by step builds saved somewhere I can post. I build traditional Early American furniture but have unique ways to do a lot of the traditional joinery. Some things have to be done by hand but I have found that with some things there are faster more efficient ways to get the job done. At any rate, hopefully you guys will see me around more in the future.
(02-18-2024, 11:02 AM)Dave Diaman Wrote: I was active here for a long time but life happens and I just haven’t had time to post for a few years. Old timers here probably remember me but I see a lot of unfamiliar names. I have been at this awhile so hopefully I will be able to share and help out some of you guys starting out. I’ll post some pictures of some of my work and see if I have some of my old step by step builds saved somewhere I can post. I build traditional Early American furniture but have unique ways to do a lot of the traditional joinery. Some things have to be done by hand but I have found that with some things there are faster more efficient ways to get the job done. At any rate, hopefully you guys will see me around more in the future.

Very happy to see you back on WoodNet, Dave.  I'm sure anyone who was here when you were active before remembers the amazing work you created.  Anyone who has not yet seen your work is in for a real treat.   

John
Here are a few photos of some of my work

Attached Files Image(s)

A few more pictures

Attached Files Image(s)

Dave - I remember you for sure! Glad to see you are posting and I cannot wait to see what you are working on!
I am quickly realizing that I have NO natural talent... But I am trying to fake it.
Photo 
(02-18-2024, 11:02 AM)Dave Diaman Wrote: I was active here for a long time but life happens and I just haven’t had time to post for a few years. Old timers here probably remember me but I see a lot of unfamiliar names. I have been at this awhile so hopefully I will be able to share and help out some of you guys starting out. I’ll post some pictures of some of my work and see if I have some of my old step by step builds saved somewhere I can post. I build traditional Early American furniture but have unique ways to do a lot of the traditional joinery. Some things have to be done by hand but I have found that with some things there are faster more efficient ways to get the job done. At any rate, hopefully you guys will see me around more in the future.

Dave,

You're the curly maple guy, right? If so, this was my last project. Not as crazy curly I've seen from you. But it's curly. 

Welcome back.

Attached Files Image(s)

Good to see you back Dave!! "Scrap" & "offcut" wood i bought from your kids cleaning the shop is still some of the finest i've ever owned. I'll start saving up for the next shop cleaning. Stay well!!
Did you ever get a shop built?
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Of course, you are fondly remembered!  In fact, your name was mentioned a couple months ago in a post about the "good ole days".  The "stuff" you build qualifies as "eye candy"!!!  It's wonderful to see, again, the pictures of your earlier work.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
I guess I'm one of those old timers, at least from the fact that I do indeed remember you.  I don't post here much, but always peruse the threads, in awe of the talent that members have.  It's great that you have decided to come back.  Your projects are always top shelf and impressive.  I don't aspire to make anything like what you make, but I've always enjoyed seeing your projects and admire them greatly.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?