Relic
Hello once again I was able to put the finishing touches on my first piece for 2024. I have been showing progress on this piece as I made it. Made from Maple first turned hollow on the lathe, it finished at 7" x 7".  Then the pattern was hand drawn and hand carved,  21 Kokopelli's in all. Some pyrography was added for shading then alcohol inks were added for coloring the hand carved leather straps, the final finish is satin lacquer.

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow!

Just WOW!
Cool
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
That's really beautiful. Amazing work!
Beautiful. I can barely imagine and never duplicate the patience required to produce such a piece. I'd even be afraid to have it on a shelf for fear that the dog would bump it off.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
Holy Cow Bruce!!!  You've done it again!  There is so much air, space, voids, or whatever, the piece looks as light as a feather.  And what a masterful job on creating the leather.  You have to be a mathematician to figure out the pattern.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
The straps look like real leather.  Well done! 
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Another beauty Bruce!
Frank
Thank you everyone for the very nice comments and complements, on to my next piece.