Bedrock 608
I bought a Bedrock 608 flat side at an Auction recently and so far I have disassembled it and stripped the body. The frog is next to be stripped and I have a really nice tote to replace the one on the plane.

and stripped

I plan on resurfacing it, so if you haven't seen the process before keep an eye on the post.

Tom
Wow! Monster surface grinder?
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(02-24-2024, 06:50 PM)Tony Z Wrote: Wow!  Monster surface grinder?

Tony,

Did we get together 3 or 4 years back in Texarkana for lunch.

Tom
(02-26-2024, 02:09 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: Tony,

Did we get together 3 or 4 years back in Texarkana for lunch.

Tom

Never been there, Tom!

The 608 will be quite an undertaking and I doubt that most don't understand, let alone appreciate, how much skill is required to fixture a plane of such a length.

T.Z.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
And I doubt if it was even needed.

BTW: I do have TWO Bailey No. 8s in the shop....neither of them needed their soles ground....and work quite well as is...as a Jointer..
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(02-27-2024, 04:53 PM)bandit571 Wrote: And I doubt if it was even needed.

BTW: I do have TWO Bailey No. 8s in the shop....neither of them needed their soles ground....and work quite well as is...as a Jointer..

I have learned to expect a reply like that from you.  You attack everything I post anyway.
If I had the means to grind it, that's what I would do. Pay no attention to the folks that always think they know better.
Love watching your projects TablesawTom. Are you still selling planes you grind? Haven't seen anything posted for sale in a while.
Hi Tom,

I would like to see the process. And a bedrock #7 from you!

Take Care
Pedder
(02-24-2024, 05:17 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: I bought a Bedrock 608 flat side at an Auction recently and so far I have disassembled it and stripped the body. The frog is next to be stripped and I have a really nice tote to replace the one on the plane.

and stripped

I plan on resurfacing it, so if you haven't seen the process before keep an eye on the post.

Tom

Nice project, Tom! Following along.

Doug