Why don't we have a challange
we use a certain tool or a certain technique or holiday theme or what?  you guys tell me.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
So the challenge is to come up with a “challenge”?
VH07V  
(02-28-2024, 03:32 PM)EightFingers Wrote: So the challenge is to come up with a “challenge”?

boy am I good.  
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

I am thinking turning with a twist like an off center bowl or box using a skew only?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It has been a long time since we did a challenge. It sounds like a good idea.

I will second the idea of doing an off-axis turning as the first challenge. Restricting it to skew-only might be too dangerous if we want to include off-center bowls.

As a different challenge for the fall, I would suggest making a kaleidoscope. WaltQ was a collector of kaleidoscopes and making some for his birth month would be a good way to remember him (IMHO).
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(03-12-2024, 01:05 AM)iclark Wrote: It has been a long time since we did a challenge. It sounds like a good idea.

I will second the idea of doing an off-axis turning as the first challenge. Restricting it to skew-only might be too dangerous if we want to include off-center bowls.

As a different challenge for the fall, I would suggest making a kaleidoscope. WaltQ was a collector of kaleidoscopes and making some for his birth month would be a good way to remember him (IMHO).

Yah no skew.  Since I am short on funds the kaleidoscope is out for me anyway.  A bowl or box or icecicle or anything would be find for me.

I do miss Walt too.

How about pen turning? LOL
Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here