Daryl Weir saws
Is Daryl Weir still in the saw business?  Do you have contact info for him?
Content deleted. Incorrect information.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(02-29-2024, 09:10 AM)AHill Wrote: He sell parts and offers sharpening services, but he's no longer making saws according to his website.  I recommend contacting him directly, since he stopped taking orders for new saws in 2015, which was a long time ago.

https://www.blackburntools.com/saw-sharp...index.html

Uhhh,,,,,,wrong guy.  Daryl is not a saw maker but is very proficient at restoration and sharpening.  I took a class from him in Chicago which allows me to maintain all of my saws.  I found him through Slav, the file Guru in Chicago, who set up an all-day filing seminar in '08 or '09.  He sold a lot of saws on Ebay, but I can't recall his eBay handle.  He lives in central Illinois.  Slav would know, but I don't have his info either.
(02-29-2024, 09:10 AM)AHill Wrote: He sell parts and offers sharpening services, but he's no longer making saws according to his website.  I recommend contacting him directly, since he stopped taking orders for new saws in 2015, which was a long time ago.

https://www.blackburntools.com/saw-sharp...index.html

That's Issac.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(02-29-2024, 08:35 AM)Mike Brady Wrote: Is Daryl Weir still in the saw business?  Do you have contact info for him?

Still a member here, last post was in 2019

https://forums.woodnet.net/member.php?ac...&uid=36093
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Daryl's eBay user name is 'woodnut4'

You can also find him on Facebook where he is fairly active in a number of groups, including Saws, Using, Collecting, Cleaning, and Restoring.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
(02-29-2024, 09:43 AM)Mike Brady Wrote: Uhhh,,,,,,wrong guy.  Daryl is not a saw maker but is very proficient at restoration and sharpening.  I took a class from him in Chicago which allows me to maintain all of my saws.  I found him through Slav, the file Guru in Chicago, who set up an all-day filing seminar in '08 or '09.  He sold a lot of saws on Ebay, but I can't recall his eBay handle.  He lives in central Illinois.  Slav would know, but I don't have his info either.

My bad.  Isaac cited Daryl as one of the guys who does saw sharpening, so when I googled Daryl Weir saws, the hit came up on Blackburn Tools' website.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(02-29-2024, 08:35 AM)Mike Brady Wrote: Is Daryl Weir still in the saw business?  Do you have contact info for him?

Hey Mike,

I don't know why but I clicked on the bookmark for this site. I was in between working on a No.12 saw and saw handle and sat down. I know I haven't been here in ages! More on Facebook than anywhere else and that's a little limited too. I'm planning on retiring at the end of this year, so hopefully that will give me more time to work on saws and other things.

My contact is dweir60@gmail.com now. I hope that is allowed on here....sorry to the mods if it isn't.
Take care,
Daryl
Daryl:

Thanks for stopping by and giving the update.  What you taught me has served very well.  I take care of anything in my till up to about 18 tpi, thanks to your great instruction and lots of practice.

Take care and enjoy the retirement.  

Mike