FS: Delta 1028/1029 Multi-Speed Attachment
This somewhat rare Delta attachment will increase the available speeds on your DP220 14” drill press from 4 to 12. I removed it from a 1942 vintage Delta 14” drill press. It will fit most machines with a 2-3/4” column. The machine it was removed from had the high speed spindle pulley – if you have the slow speed pulley you will need to get a different front belt than those included. All parts are present and accounted for and have been cleaned and, where appropriate, painted. No dings or breaks. The special 88106 bearing turns smoothly – replacements are available if necessary.

I am looking to get $225 shipped to lower 48 however everything is negotiable so feel free to make an offer. Feel free to ask for additional pictures.

Sorry for the confusion = I deleted the original photos and added the correct assembly of the unit.  You can see the column plug is now oriented correctly

Thanks for Looking
Rick
[attachment=50234]
Rick

I believe that I have at least one DP220, but I don't think that I ever looked to see if there was a mounting point in the power head for this accessory.

Do you know if this works with all years of the DP220's or if some years might need the addition of a post to install this?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(03-13-2024, 06:20 PM)iclark Wrote: I believe that I have at least one DP220, but I don't think that I ever looked to see if there was a mounting point in the power head for this accessory.

Do you know if this works with all years of the DP220's or if some years might need the addition of a post to install this?

Ivan I believe this particular version works with any DP 220 that has a 2-3/4" column - and I think they all do.  Although there was a recent thread on OWWM that discussed some differences in column diameter.  Its probably not real clear in the pictures but there is a black casting that tightens around the column OD and a plug of sorts that fits into the column itself.  I should say I pulled this off a drill press and have never installed one.  I do have the manual for it - 2 pages - that I can link you to if you are interested.  If you have an interest a good starting point might be to measure your column OD and ID and determine if you have a high speed spindle pulley or low speed.  High speed pulley has about a 5" large step - slow speed is significantly bigger.

Rick
Rick

Rick,

Thanks for the detailed response. I have learned several things already. It will probably be a few days before I can get to the DPs in the shop. It seems a long time since I did anything except turning and you can imagine what that means for access to DPs, RAS, and miter saws.
Sigh

I will ask the NIL in FL about the one down there, but they are getting ready to move and it may be in storage for showing their current house. (Anyone looking for a very nice house in Bradenton?)

If someone else says that they will take it while I am dithering, I wish them enjoyment in their purchase.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.  When you get to it make sure you measure both ID nd OD of the column.  

Rick
Rick

BTTT - and correct pictures added

Rick

Multi Speed has been sold
Rick