Walnut or Elm?
I thought this is an elm tree, I didn't pay too much attention to the leaves last year and I didn't think there were walnut trees here. But this seems awfully dark for elm.

Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
Not elm.....

Ed
Walnut? Have to wait a bit for the leaves to come out.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
Siberian elm

Ulmus pumila
Wait for the little shoots to develop and see what the leave look like. Thanks to Dutch Elm disease, it would be rare to find an American elm.
There's plenty of American elm that size as juvenile trees have some resistance to DED (Dutch Elm Disease).

But that's not American elm...It's Siberian. Siberian elm is DED resistant. It was widely planted in the 60s-70s as a replacement for American elm street and yard trees that were killed off. We've since learned it is a pretty trashy tree - week wood, drops branches, lots of weeping wounds. It'll even be somewhat easy to identify by cutting green wood with a hand saw - will gum it up more than about anything else.