Small Boxes
I made the Cherry box a week ago to store some detail chisels, from Lee Valley. The 2 Walnut boxes 5 or so years ago. The walnut ones are the same size LxW but with different heights. They all have small runners on the bottom to interlock with same-size boxes. They were mostly made with hand tools (dovetails, cutting the groves, and beveling the top). They were finished with BLO and Minwax Antique oil. 

Attached Files Image(s)

Captain Kirk was talking about my shop when he said: Space the final frontier!   
Nice work.  Good tools deserve dedicated storage.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Thanks, Bill I agree. I'm trying my best to get my shop organized so don't spend half my time looking for tools.
Excellent work and those tools deserve that resting place.  Reminds me of my own and I would be proud to have yours in my shop along side them.
The problem I used to run into in making cases for tools...is in the choice of woods used....iron/steel do react to Oak, and other woods with Tannic Acid in them...The acid will react to the metal over time..corroding the metal, and turning the wood black....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
The walnut ones have popular as a secondary wood. They are approx 5 years old. The Cherry one uses pine. That being said many years ago when I got into woodworking, I made a drawer base for tools out of pine. I had some 2x treated left over and used it for the top (this was BC "before computers" so no way to easily research things). Even though it was dry within a week I noticed tools in the top drawer had a light film of rust. Needless to say, that came off and was replaced.