My collection of Keen Kutter K series planes
I thought I would post some pictures of my collection of Keen Kutter K series planes. I have after market irons and chip breakers for what I have. I Have some that haven't been sharpened,  yet as well as some so the  could use a tuning up.  That is why they are not in the photos. I am doing both flat bottom as well as corrugated. I have made all new Bolivian Rosewood knobs and totes for all of them. My 8C, my 4  flat bottom as well as my two 5's are over at my shop

I need an 8 flat bottom, a 7 flat bottom, a 5 1/2 flat bottom ,2 #3s and  what ever 2s and both 4 1/2s. I am writing this just in case someone here might want to do some trading. I have another 8 C and a extra 7C.

I hope you enjoyed this post

Tom
Those look great, Tom. Not sure I've seen corrugated bottoms on the little guys, before.

And the totes & knobs pop, as well. Hand shaped? Nicely done, with the grain orientation.
(03-21-2024, 08:47 PM)grwold Wrote: Those look great, Tom.  Not sure I've seen corrugated bottoms on the little guys, before.

And the totes & knobs pop, as well.  Hand shaped?  Nicely done, with the grain orientation.

I was told by a person  at an auction of the MW-TCA that they made more #1's than Corrugated #2's. Well today I learned I just got a Keen Kutter K series 2C on eBay. It has pitting on one side which is probably why I was able to get it. If it isn't to deep The grinder will get ride of it. But now I have to make about 3 more templets so I can make #2 totes.

Thank you for the kind words.

Tom
Good looking planes, Tom. I have a K-5 and a K-4, in my collection.
Tom wins!
Pool table in the shop....lol
Nice collection too.

Ed
(03-22-2024, 07:00 PM)EdL Wrote: Tom wins!
Pool table in the shop....lol
Nice collection too.

Ed

I never thought of a pool table in the shop, but it isn't a bad idea.

My shop is about a mile away in an unheated building in town. So other than lathe work I do no woodworking from late November to the middle of April. And I am more than antsy.

I am afraid that my collecting is going to get more expensive as I go on.  My choices are getting more limited by the day.

Tom